One of the oldest system of medicine, Ayurveda has today occupied an important place in beauty care and treatment. Using varied herbs and herbal formulations, Ayurvedic beauty treatment is completely natural and gives the best results. Not only the natural herbs play an important role in internal health and well-being but also on external beauty and health. With herbal beauty treatment, the body and soul becomes complete and this is evident in your overall appearance. The beauty therapy of Ayurveda has shown its popularity among its users.
One of the most important reasons for the increasing use of Ayurveda in beauty and skin care is that this system can clearly bring out a clear, glowing skin together with happiness and relaxation which otherwise can not be achieved by cosmetics. It lays emphasis on internal beauty.
Today the market is flooded with a wide range of beauty products, ointments, lotions, soaps, facepacks made using ayurvedic herbs which can bring a complete makeover of the skin, making it glow with radiance, removing dark spots and blemishes from your skin.
The beauty care of Ayurveda deals with overall well being of the body, increasing hair growth, improving eye sight, hands and foot care. The best part is that the herbs remove all the toxic wastes from the body, making you feel fresh and happy. There is a sense of mental peace and tranquility.
Some well known herbs for beauty care
- Aloe vera: The gel of this plant is very useful for skin and hair care.
- Neem (Margosa): A natural anti -parasitic and detoxification herb, it is used for skin ailments.
- Turmeric: Turmeric paste applied all over the face give a glowing skin.
- Hibiscus: You can make a shampoo using the flower and leaves. Powder them and mixed with water. This has amazing cleansing properties.
- Henna: A well known herb increasing hair growth and maintaining hair health.
Some Ayurvedic Beauty Care Tips
- Take equal proportions of cucumber juice, lime juice and rose water. After washing your face, apply this mixture on your face and keep it overnight. Next morning, rinse it off. This helps to give clear complexion.
- Take a small quantity of raw milk. Add and put a pinch of salt with few drops of lime juice. This is a natural cleansing lotion. Use it regularly to clean the deep pores of the skin.
- Take a small quantity of tomato juice. Add lemon juice. Mix it properly and apply it on your face. This makes the skin soft and glowing.
- Mix turmeric powder, wheat flour of equal amounts with sesame oil. Apply it on legs and hands for some time and then wash it off. This helps in removing unwanted hair.
- Apply orange juice on face. It makes the face soft and smooth.
- Mint juice when applied regularly removes stains.